New Home

So I know it has been FOREVER since my last post, and my small audience who actually checks my blogs is increasingly dwindling b/c well, I haven't written anything. However, to be fair, I didn't really write, b/c most of them I talked to on a daily basis, but now that has changed, and my lazy blogging habits are going to have to change too. So for the latest bit of news, I have moved. Not too far, just closer to the beach. It is a nice house for us. It has the garage and deck for Chris, the fenced in back yard for Nevaeh and lots of closets for me. However it is missing something...the closeness of a few select friends. I know it is Navy life that we all move away, but unlike the last house, I moved into this one alone, and the daunting task of meeting my neighbors is not looking promising. In time I guess (I am sure the subzero temperatures are keeping everyone inside...or I know they would all be bringing me homemade pies and introducing themselves...right?) Nevertheless we are settling in, and the unpacking is almost done. Nevaeh is settling too, although I don't think she quite knows the difference (except she has to go upstairs to bed). We started "God Blessing" everyone at bedtime, and while I say, "All our friends" she has to name them one by one...and Kyra and Megan...you are doubly blessed every night. I know she misses you, as do I (and Alicia too) :) . I hope you are settling in to your new homes as well in the Arctic Tundra. Keep in touch!

2 comments:

Richard-n-Candace said...

Hey Candace.. where did you guys move to? Glad to hear things are going well, other than having to move away from friends that's always the hard part.

Alicia said...

Oh, we miss you guys terribly! Glad the new house is treating you all well. Will call you as soon as life settles down around here. Seems I have very few down moments these last few weeks!