Twenty-six

So I have officially gone over the hill...not 50; twenty-six. I am no longer a young twenty-something. I have mixed emotions about it; but mostly, I'm okay with it. I have an amazing husband, a beautiful daughter and an overall happy life. Today I got the chance to really look back at my past and consider what I have done with my life. Truth is looking back, I have few regrets. Though I am not what I once was or even where I thought I would be, I am better off and happier than I could have imagined. I am not a workaholic in a corporate advertising firm like I thought I would be, but I submerged in my work as a stay-at-home mom. I do not have tons of friends that I go out partying with like I once did, but I have a few very close friends that would be there for me in a split-second and others who I love to have a good time with. My only regret is that I am not fully matured in my faith, but I am taking steps to learn and grow closer to my God every day. He has carried me here, and I have to say that turning twenty-six is not that bad, and reflecting back, I am so blessed to have come so far.

3 comments:

Valued & Vulnerable said...

Oh you are soooooooo old! You are so blessed! Keep your heart toward the Lord and His Word.
Happy Birthday!!
Bonnie

Alicia said...

Twenty-Six isn't so bad. Now you just have to remember you're no longer at the age to be childish. Quarter century dear, act like you know better.

Damn that crap that comes with growing up...

Darcy B said...

Hello i love your blog and its so nice to hear your all doing well and your home/hand made dress is wonderful she is a blessed little girl.

Sarah can't belive how big she has gotten.well God Bless your family and stay well and happy belated Birthday.........and your far from old :)

Darcy Blanchette and Family