Something out of Nothing

While I think it is true you can't get something for nothing, I definately believe you can make something out of nothing. I get to do that everytime I sew. This past summer, I wanted to learn how to sew. I felt like I should know how to do something domestic and anyone who really knows me knows that cooking and cleaning are NOT my forte. So, I enlisted the help of the Pastor's wonderful wife, Tracey, and I learned how to make clothes. This past week, I made my daughter's Easter dress, and it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. First I basically had to create 2 dresses b/c it has a liner and then, I had to take it apart 3 times...so yeah me for not giving up! This post is basically a public thank you for all the people who helped make my accomplishment possible: the aforementioned Tracey(who has amazing skill and patience), Grandma Wood (for the free material), Grandma Hahne (for the inspiration to even get started, as she is the epitome of how a classy woman should be and what one should know how to do), and lastly name brand marketing for pricing children's clothing rediculously high. This post and product would not have been possible with out you!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Yea for you, the dress is adorable!

Lynn C said...

Hey girlie, I miss you guys so much! Nevaeh looks beautiful in the dress. I can't believe you made that. God bless! (and come back to CT soon)