Don't Get Your Hopes Up...

Should be the new Navy slogan! Yes, I am a little bitter, and unfortunately it is a taste that all too many military wives have to get use to. Yet somehow knowing that doesn't make it any less sour. "Why, you may ask"...or better yet "What THIS time?" This time, I planned to spend my anniversary and Easter with my husband. I was soooo excited; it was to be his first Easter with his daughter (I even made her dress this year...that's another blog). But after having been informed that he was going to get to stay in on the next underway, they have changed their minds and decided that he needs to go back out to sea to do another pointless run before they tear the thing apart. At this point, I would like to quote from a fellow military wife..."just take the damned thing out to sea, use it as target practice and make a reef out of it- all the while selling tickets and popcorn for all of us who would love to watch the demise of the submarine that kept our husbands out to sea for so long. But, instead they're sending him back out to sea again.

God bless the Navy and those head honchos who apparently hate seeing their wives. **insert eye roll here**

I Personally want to insert my foot up someone's butt. Oh well; military life is rarely about getting what you want. Just thought I'd vent!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

The Navy sucks. There is no way around it. The good part is Chris has figured out early that the Navy sucks and you guys will be out long before Jer and I!