Mommy-Toddler Translation

A friend gave me a great idea to schedule in some craft time each day. I figured this would increase her creativity and give us some bonding time as well. So yesterday, I told Nevaeh, "It's time to do crafts". She got excited, and went straight to the closet where I keep all the play dough, paints, crayons, and markers, etc. To my surprise, she grabbed the pens and highlighters and an activity book. I figured this was an odd choice given all there was to choose from. Nevertheless, we went into the kitchen, where she sat down at the table and said..."Okay mom draw crabs". I now understood her choice of pens, and I couldn't stop laughing. I am not an artist so I encouraged her to "draw crabs" first. It turns out they are just a bunch of squiggled, so I took my turn and it turned out fun. Even lost in translation, craft time was fun. I think this is something we will continue on a regular basis.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Isn't it amazing how a squiggly crab can make a toddler happy and a mommy smile? This is the stuff I love about being a mommy!